• Info
  • Toggle gyroscope controls
  • Tiny planet view
  • Sound on/off
  • Edit
  • Virtual reality
  • Fullscreen
    Close
    Chapel n sidewalk d... Shrine S Entrance Shrine W Quad Outsi...

    This bronze statue of Mary is a representation of Our Lady of Orchard Lake, an image created with devotion to the Mother of God by artist Joseph Jankowski, a 1936 Alumnus of the College of St. Mary. Jankowski painted the original image, which was then represented by Cleveland sculptor Clarence Van Duzer in this 25-foot metal statue on the façade of the Shrine Church. This image of Our Lady of Orchard Lake consists of 10,000 hand-formed pieces of copper, and weighs over 3,000 pounds. It was installed in 1963.

    Chapel center back ...